Tuesday 3 May 2011

All the Tea in China

I have to admit to an addiction. It's become clear over the past few months that I can't pass a charity shop without checking whether it has any bone china. At first it was just tea plates. Then it became cake stands (very few and far between), then bread and butter plates.
Then it was entire tea sets, often missing a jug, or a sugar bowl, or with a chipped cup or cracked saucer. I didn't care. I'd buy the lot.
Since the tea rooms reopened on April 1st I haven't been near a hospice shop, or an RSPCA outlet, or an Age Concern boutique. I thought I had it under control.
Today I had a day off. Oh dear. I hit three different towns and four different shops and discover that my addiction is stronger than ever. Now I'm searching the shelves for teapots and, here's a new thing entirely, little pin trays.
The tea paraphernalia I can pass off as a business need. But bone china pin trays?
They're so beautiful though.

2 comments:

  1. My son goes to Great Witley perschool and I don't know the area very well, I saw a sign saying church and tea rooms so I thought I would go and have a little look thinking it would be a little church hall. To my surprise I found the most gorgeous tea room with a beautiful garden with the added bonus of witley court and church! You have done a really good job. We will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely. Thank you.
    Please introduce yourself next time you're there, Lucy. Gill

    ReplyDelete