Saturday 7 May 2011

Dampener

The busy week has just ground to a halt.
I've nipped home to print off the next staff rota because there is just one family of four enjoying paninis as I write (at least I hope they're enjoying them). They came in sodden and complaining that their waterproofs were not.
Yesterday was a favourite day. The warm afternoon brought families in straight from school pick-up. There was a feeling of reunion about the place. Lots of people knew each other and the kids all wanted cake and cheese scones.
A local artist has brought in a print she's done of Lady Rachel. Our garden belonged to the Lady in question when she lived at the Court. Anne (artist) has painted her from a photograph and says she looks terribly sad, though she's tried to perk her up a bit. Anne also told me that Lady Rachel drowned in the Irish Sea.
I'll go back now. The sky is brightening so perhaps a few more folks will venture out....

No comments:

Post a Comment