Sunday 1 May 2011

In Tiers

A Sunday to be reckoned with. Another bright, warm, busy one.
Customers included a couple on an internet date. How do I know?
He came in to order for her and asked whether we had biscuits. I pointed out the little bags of shortbread rounds made by Angela and he looked perplexed:
"Doesn't she like shortbread?" I asked.
"To be honest," said he, "I don't know what she likes."
And told me the story.
There was a request for a decaf earl grey which I couldn't fulfil.
And another to buy six slices of the ham we'd given them for lunch as it was the best they'd ever tasted. Which I could.
We were also visited by the Bride and Groom from our afternoon tea wedding in June together with her mum and dad, sister, grandparents, aunt and uncle and the photographer and his girlfriend. The last time they were at the tea rooms the garden was covered with snow. This time it was in full sunshine and she brought me a photo of a cake which she'd like to have on the day. Two levels of sponge sandwiched with cream, strawberries and blueberries. Looks delicious, very girly and not in the least bit fattening.
I am now getting almost daily requests from people who want to buy our tiered cake stands. Perhaps I should have a sideline....
Tomorrow is yet another Bank Holiday.
I'm going in early, although I sense that even if I were to go in now I wouldn't be fully prepared for what's to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment