Saturday 28 May 2011

Here comes the Panini

A gentleman carrying his young son in his arms was among the first in today.
Double espresso and a scone with jam and cream.
His little boy had a bag of Tyrells. Tractor flavour. According to the picture on the packet.
When they left they bought a bracelet for Mummy. I wondered if she was having a much needed Saturday morning lie-in.
Today was the day for soup (asparagus - the last week of the season so the farmer's warned me) and ploughmans lunches. It was not a jacket potato day. I know this because we threw all but one away. Yesterday we couldn't get them in the oven fast enough.
I was asked in-depth questions about the best place to hold a wedding reception by a family who've just booked the church for June next year.
I gave them the benefit of my pretty poor knowledge.
They had paninis and scones (and the solitary jacket spud).
The groom said he'd love to have paninis for his wedding feast...

No comments:

Post a Comment