Monday 29 September 2014

Cold Comfort

A few weeks ago I gazed into the ice cream freezer and made a decision.
I wouldn't order any more this season.
Instead I would let it slowly run down as we head into Autumn which would mean I wouldn't have to a) run a freezer over the winter months or b) eat my bodyweight in leftover ice cream.
I was running the risk of disappointing a few children who, as I've learned, eat ice cream whatever the outside temperature, but that was a risk I was willing to take.
Until today.
Today I gazed into the same freezer at the six tubs of vanilla and a solitary tub of lemon sorbet and I gave in.
The sunny weekend, and the good people from the Carmarthenshire Antiquarian group (Friday) had meant the stock had not run down it had galloped, sped, raced.
I called Bennetts Dairy.
They're delivering on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment