Monday 15 September 2014

London Calling

Saturday.
We'd been asked to open up early to host the handover of the WI centenary baton which is making its way from WI group to WI group until it reaches the Albert Hall next June. The baton arrived on a big red motorbike.
The lady carrying it climbed off.
The man who'd ridden it took off his helmet and told the waiting crowd (some of whom were in Edwardian dress): "She only let me overtake once - she kept telling me to slow down."
They drank a good deal of coffee.
The baton moved on up to the Church to be handed on again (we have a lot of WIs) then on to Abberley Clock Tower for another handover.
I have no idea where it is this evening.

Later on Saturday morning another group of people dressed up in Victorianish garb with hats and goggles arrived.
I had met my first steam punks.



No comments:

Post a Comment