Saturday 23 April 2016

Four letter word

Sunny.
Cold.
Busy.
We sold out of soup and jacket potatoes (yes, that cold) and lost count of the panini. Hot chocolates went out one after the next - 6 on one order alone (yes, that cold).
We have one member of staff who is a proper lady.
We pretend that she swears all the time and any new, young members of staff are jokingly warned not to take any notice of her effing and blinding.
So I was rather taken aback this morning when I was telling her about a customer who spoke about the roof works at the church rather negatively yesterday.
"Who was he?" she asked.
In reply I told her he was a bit of a.....and was about to say "know-it-all" when she said, "tw*t?"
I paused, shocked, and then just nodded, not entirely sure I'd really heard it.


No comments:

Post a Comment