Wednesday 20 April 2016

thingummyjig

Summer has arrived. Briefly.
It has been hot and sunny all day. The regulation cardigan didn't even make it up to the tearooms today such was my confidence in the forecast.
We've been wonderfully busy with lovely people and the day started with some familiar faces.
Jim (nearly 92) came with his newly retired daughter, Lesley and her husband. Lesley said it was great to watch other people working. Yes, thanks, Lesley.
While we were chatting about the dreadful state of the farm track (the one which leads to the tearooms) in came Barry.
Barry comes regularly for a walk, a ham sandwich and a pot of tea.
I delivered a tray outside and knew most people by name which, I have to say, is quite unusual.
I'm terrible with names and have to write them down in the back of a notebook along with descriptions, dog breeds, usual orders etc to prompt me.
Today, though, the book was unnecessary.
After I'd greeted all those I knew (Morning, Bob. Hi Janet. Coffee, Peter?) a young man at one of the outside tables said: "How about a hello to Jack and Chris?".
Naturally I obliged.
I hope they don't expect me to remember them next time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment