Sunday 9 May 2010

Puzzling

One of those days. Kate called in sick. I burnt the last two teacakes (karma?). One man's soup wasn't warm enough. We sent asparagus soup instead of asparagus spears to a table. The lady there ate both. There's a leak from the water boiler again, one of the cupboard doors is falling off and the loo seat in the gents is loose.
On the up side there were lovely comments in the visitors' book and I finally managed to crack getting a decent cappuccino froth. It's only taken me 6 weeks.
The monkey puzzle tree in the garden became topic of the day when a tree expert announced that it's about to bear fruit ("have babies" he said). Apparently this is quite a rare occurrence, and I have to admit to a strange excitement. Mr Arborealist has gone away to find out exactly what to expect and what we should do when the coconut-sized seed pods drop. Get out of the way presumably.

1 comment:

  1. You so make me laugh! Reading your blog is one of the highlights of my day! Without sounding disrespectful, does that mean I should get out more!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete