Thursday 21 March 2013

Pop goes the Bubble

I had thought I was quite good at pop trivia.
Until today.
(In a similar vein I had thought I could dance. Until I started Zumba classes a few months ago.)
This morning I rang the Radio 2 number to try to take part in Popmaster on Ken Bruce's programme. I was asked 3 trial questions which I got right and went into the draw for contestants.
And out came my name.
Which meant that at half past 10, when I should had been cleaning the cake display cabinet, I found myself standing in the conservatory trying to answer correctly the 10 questions Mr Bruce asked. I managed to answer 8, but sadly only 3 of them were right.
The other contestant, Maxine, had an even worse set of questions than I did.
Which meant I won. Sort of. And was through to the dreaded next round where you have to name three hit songs by a given artist in ten seconds.
I can never do this. Unless it's The Jam . Or maybe The Beatles.
I got Daryl Hall and John Oates.
And I can't go for that.
No.
No can do.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete