Thursday 24 October 2013

Such sweet sorrow.

When I woke yesterday it was dark and pouring with rain. Again.
Older son had left on a school trip at 2am so I was suffering from lack of sleep.
I thought about not opening the tea rooms at all.
Then remembered we had a booking for 8 people from a group called the Walkie Talkies so I didn't have a choice.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain (well, nearly all) and brought enough visitors to keep two of us busy all day.
The Walkie Talkies were panini eaters and tea drinkers and wrote lovely stuff in the visitors' book.
Barry, who comes once a week for a walk and a ham sandwich, shook my hand as he left, told me he is visiting his son in Devon next week (our last of the season) so wouldn't see me until April when we reopen.
I felt remarkably sad when he left.


No comments:

Post a Comment