Sunday 22 July 2018

Norwegians Would

Last year a Norwegian family came on holiday and stayed at Pool House, an English Heritage property to let in the grounds of Witley Court. On their return home they sent us a message. Could they please have the recipe for one of our cakes to which they’d taken a particular liking? We call it Anna’s Favourite (Millionaires Shortbread) and that’s how they described it. 
We sent them the recipe and they made it for their daughter’s birthday. 
This week they came back for their now annual holiday. In the week they were here they visited the tearooms at least three times. They are really lovely. On their last day they presented me with these as a thank you for the recipe:
I can now say several things in Norwegian. 
I can say “extra large bag” (ekstra stor pose)
I can say “teddy bear marshmallows” (skumbamser)
I can say “covered” (dekket)
And I can say milk chocolate (melkesjokolade).
Practically fluent.

No comments:

Post a Comment