Thursday 5 July 2018

Power mad

The heat continues.
Unabated.
Being in the kitchen is hard work.
Toasting a teacake in front of the grill is hard work.
Being anywhere near the panini machine, the coffee machine, the water boilers is hard work.
Carrying a tray out to the tables under the trees in the shade is wonderful. If there’s an extra chair it’s hard to stop myself sitting down.
Today was made even harder when the electricity started playing up.
Trip.
Trip.
Trip.
Eventually we plumped for keeping on the freezers and one fridge at the expense of everything else.
Which meant no till, no coffee machine, no hot water boiler, no card machine, no dishwashers.
Water was boiled on the gas stove, we made sandwiches and salads for lunches, washed everything by hand and kept fridge opening to a minimum.
We closed an hour early and Adrian and Lee tried to find the source of the trip.
Did they? Didn’t they?
Really, like all the best cliffhangers, I don’t know.
I doubt that my sleep tonight will be undisturbed.
No idea what I’ll find when I go in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment