Wednesday 5 June 2019

Geographically challenged.

I received an email this morning from a lady asking if are open on Sunday and did we take bookings as she wanted to bring her mum to celebrate her 80th birthday. She told me she lives in Nottingham but would be visiting this coming weekend.
I replied suggesting high tea for two which we could arrange and set up in advance so that she wouldn’t have to queue to order. All would be ready on arrival.
She loved the idea and emailed to ask if we could do anything vegan.
Yes, I replied (excited to have the chance to relive the strawberry and peanut butter success).
Another email asking if I’d like her to transfer the money in advance.
No need, I replied.
Then, at 1445 a final email:
Gill,
I am so sorry, I’m not quite sure how to say this but ive emailed the wrong Garden Tea rooms I thought you were in Lincoln, I am so sorry
Feeling very silly
B
I so wish she’d come anyway. I really want to meet her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment