Tuesday 2 August 2011

Fruit and Veg

So many cold drinks. So many ice creams. And ice lollies. And bags of crisps.
Even on a hot day like today we sold out of soup (courgette, watercress and celery) and jacket potatoes. We've been brought courgettes from Peter in the village so I sense this year may the second glut in a row. Great for us, and for our chocolate courgette cake which was a real favoutite last season.

I've never known us get through so much cream. It's always been offered with scones (which are flying out of the door on tiered stands) but we're also now serving it with the strawberries and raspberries. I've had to up my order for tomorrow. And cross my fingers.

One couple today told me they came because we'd been recommended by an Italian they met on holiday. In Italy.
That doesn't happen every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment