Sunday 21 August 2011

In hot water.

When we serve tea we deliver two pots to the table. One of tea and one of hot water so that either you can make your tea the strength you'd like it or top up the teapot for an extra cup.
This afternoon a woman strode into the kitchen bearing the hot water pot.
"You forgot to put the teabag in" she said.

Last week a young couple called Eileen over to their table as she was clearing plates.
They were students, about to go off to university.
They felt their education was incomplete.
"We have to ask," they said and gestured at the extra-hot-water pot, "What is this for?"



2 comments:

  1. Gill, I'm absolutely loving your blog posts; I may not have made it in person to meet you but I'm enjoying your tea room virtually. The bnb has been really busy over the Summer and we aren't properly open yet!!! Therefore, my days have been taken up with work and renovations/bnb guests but I will make it to you before Christmas, I promise. I'm looking forward to tasting the mystery cake. Best, Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lucy. Please may I come and see Huntlands? Would love to. G

    ReplyDelete