Friday 24 August 2012

In stock

We are bursting at the seams with cake and milk and cream and strawberries. In the last week I've had dozens of deliveries. We are not going to run out of local apple juice. We shall have enough jacket spuds. I've cooked two hams today. Phil the cheese has brought me SIX half moons of his Elgar Mature for the ploughmans.
The fridges are working overtime.
This weekend is the last Bank Hol of our season and we have to be prepared despite what the weather people say. There's an art and craft exhibition in the Church all weekend which will draw a crowd.
Am hoping the crowd members will be desperate for a cuppa.
I also have a new gluten and dairy free cake with which to tempt them. It's Lemon and Courgette and crumbs it's bloomin' good. I accidentally cut a piece so badly today that I had to eat it.
Strange how these accidents occur.

Someone's written in the visitors' book: "try the gluten free cake even if you don't need to".

No comments:

Post a Comment