Wednesday 29 August 2012

Them apples

Bank Holiday Monday went well.
Apart from the fact that we ran out of panini in the first fifteen minutes.
Poorer weather didn't affect us too much because of the Art & Craft Exhibition running in the Church. Thank goodness.
I had a confusing conversation with a man who'd just finished a piece of apple cake. He asked me if there was jam in it. I checked what he'd had. No. No jam.
His daughter giggled and said he was trying to get the recipe out of me.
"I'm 90," he said, "and I make cakes just for myself so I want to know if it's real apples in there or apple jam." The penny started falling...No. The apples are Worcestershire ones. No jam involved. 
He wanted more.
Do you cook them before they go in?
I explained that the cakes were made by Angela in Abberley and there's no way she'd tell me her recipe but I'd guess they went in raw.
He took her card and is going to call her to beg her method.
I don't fancy his chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment