Sunday 13 April 2014

Brave New World

I had all the kit. I had the ingredients.
What I was lacking was the courage.
For me it takes a bit of bravery to introduce something onto the menu that we've never tried before. I can find so many excuses - it's never the right day.
Today my husband forced me to start serving milkshakes.
He even wrote out a how-to list for the staff.
We tentatively made the first. Then the second.
By the end of the day we'd served 23 of them in vanilla, chocolate and strawberry flavours.
A lady returned to the counter to ask how we made them as her children said they were the best they'd ever had.
A triumph then.
Except we got through even more milk than usual which meant a rushed drive to the local garage to stock up.
Will it make me more brave about new items?
I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment