Sunday 6 April 2014

Have I Got Moos for You

Saturday morning and I awoke to being called "A Worcestershire woman" on the local radio news.
I do not consider myself to be "a woman". I don't feel old enough. Still, they were right and I am wrong. But it felt grim.
They were talking about the news that my friend Helen Fawkes has set up an exhibition of her cow photographs in the tearooms. It ticks off number 21 on her bucket list.
Helen is a BBC correspondent, the daughter of a farmer and has ovarian cancer.
She writes an amazing blog: http://helenfawkes.wordpress.com/ which has her list of the fifty things she wants to do during her life. 
Helen was interviewed during the Breakfast Show at length. Then she came to put up her photos on the walls of the tea rooms. They're with us for a month and look fantastic.

I left the tea rooms half way through the afternoon and drove to London to be part of a birthday surprise for a friend. Turns out she wasn't the only one to be surprised. I stayed out until 3.  That's 3 AM. Not bad for a Worcestershire woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment