Wednesday 30 April 2014

Pots

Today was difficult to sum up.
There were a few different sets of people wandering around the Court and Church in warm sunshine.
There were two "friendship" groups, a coach party from South Wales and a day centre outing.

I did my bullying bit and forced two ladies up to the church - they were worried about the incline - "I've got two new hips and a stick" said one. So I drove them in my grubby car.
"I like a car with leg room," she said, "I don't care how dirty it is if it's got leg room."
Her face was a picture when she saw the Church interior.

I suppose the main element of today, as one might expect, was tea.
But today was different.
Generally we make plenty of lattes and hot chocolates and milkshakes, serve lots of local apple juice and elderflower presses.
But today was definitely a tea day.
And most people who ordered tea had a scone to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment