Thursday 14 April 2011

Pale and interesting

Some really interesting customers today. Among them:
- two people meeting up to compare their family history searches. They'd never met before but think they may share a common ancestor.
- a family from Cumbria. Mum is coeliac and loved the banana cake. I asked her to try the new biscuits I'd been sent samples of. She said they were truly awful and is going to email me the name of a company which makes good ones.
- a Midlands family who apologised for the mess their kids had left and then told me that the original Procul Harem video for A Whiter Shade of Pale was made at Witley Court but wasn't shown because it was cut with footage from the Vietnam War. They later made another video in London.
I've checked. It's on youtube here.
The fountain the fellas are standing in is now fully restored.
Weird seeing it as it was then.

No comments:

Post a Comment