Friday 22 April 2011

Thursday - Appley ever after

A couple of days ago a family came for lunch. He was Spanish, she Japanese and their two daughters little, dark haired and gorgeous. They'd come from their home in London and were staying in the very nice hotel in the next village. They shared a large bottle of the apple juice which is made at Mill Orchards in the village.
Yesterday they were first through the doors. They wanted a case of apple juice to take back home to London with them. I only had two bottles but I do like a happy customer so raced down to the village, found the farmer (Peter) on his tractor in the middle of the orchard and forced him back to his store room for a box of twelve bottles of Laxton Fortune juice.
The day took a while to get going but when it did it really did.
I was momentarily stumped by one lady:
"Coffee please" she said.
"Filter?" I ventured.
"Erm"
"Or we also make latte, cappuccino, americano?" I suggested
"Well", she said, "I really only wanted a nescaff".

No comments:

Post a Comment