Tuesday 12 April 2011

Paper trail

Honestly, I have to believe in some kind of karma.
No sooner do I write that I've got to grips with the ordering than I run out of....
NAPKINS.
I mean really. How stupid?
And not just once.
Yesterday I was in the last large pack of the napkins, which I buy in bulk. They were on order but not due to be delivered til this afternoon. When I went to pick up the kids from sport camp I bought an eye-wateringly expensive small packet from the local stores, to tide us over. Then Jennifer said she had a pack of 100 she'd bought from IKEA, which she'd happily swap for a piece of cake. She brought them in this morning. They were huge, but I was grateful.
Then we were swamped with customers.
We were heading towards running out again, and the delivery still hadn't come, so I dashed to pick up a second pack from the local store.
The owners of that particular shop will probably long wonder what caused the April napkin rush of 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment