Friday 2 July 2010

The Customer Is Always Right

Today was naughty customers day. I delivered a tray to four women, two of whom were eating their own sandwiches out of lunchboxes. I advised them, politely, that they couldn't eat their own lunch here. One apologised and put hers away. The other said: "well they were eating sandwiches in the church. I don't think they should be allowed to do that." What that had to do with anything I have no idea. When I next came outside woman number one was guiltily pushing something in her mouth. Then there were the couple who asked Sara if they could smoke outside. We said: "No, sorry". They did it anyway. Later a lady at another table was puffing away when I brought her tea. I asked her not to smoke, and she put out her cigarette between her forefinger and thumb. Nice. But at least it stayed out.
But what really got my goat (not a phrase I use very often) was when "they-were-eating-sandwiches-in-the-church" woman, strolled into the kitchen when we were all at our busiest (which was most of today) and said: "I'm just having a look around - it is for sale isn't it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment