Wednesday 21 July 2010

Sweet Little Lies

Two days before the end of term in our neck o'the woods and lots of teachers in today. One lot were from a local primary, saying goodbye to a member of staff and laughing a lot. We'd forgotten how much noise people can make when they sit inside rather than out. The other group were 3 retired teachers - one from Notts, one from Coventry and one from Worcester who like to meet up (with their wives) occasionally. They arrived 10 minutes before closing.
This morning two mates who met the year Pat Cash won Wimbledon came. Steve from Brisbane was visiting Neil and his family in Droitwich. They'd started chatting in the Wimbledon queue 23 years ago. Steve asked me what the toffee cake was like. Very sweet, I said. He had it with peppermint tea.
A man who came alone asked me if I had made the raspberry and coconut slice. When I said I hadn't he said I should have lied.

No comments:

Post a Comment