Friday 30 July 2010

Into the Unknown

So it's now 41 for concert suppers tomorrow evening and I haven't got a clue where'll I'll put everyone. Had this lovely idea of having two slightly staggered sittings as about half are coming at 5.30 and half at 6pm - the first would sit in the main room, the 2nd lot in the conservatory. Then. THEN I remembered. Somewhere we have to feed the 30 performers sandwiches and cakes. I've been humming "I'm just a girl who can't say no" under my breath all day. Becky suggests putting one table in the corridor leading to the loos. And another in the loos themselves. I'm thinking of putting a "gone away" sign on the gate.
Still. Here's the finalised menu:
Watercress and Celery Soup OR Smoked Mackerel Paté
Leek, Mushroom and Gruyere Quiche OR Honeyed Chicken Kebabs (got to use those skewers somehow)
Warm brownie served with cream OR Eton Less-Messy (a whole homemade meringue with local strawberries and raspberries. And cream)
Deep breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment