Wednesday 28 April 2010

The answer, my friend (2).

Gordon Brown has certainly made me feel better about my riff-raff comment.
A quieter day which dawned with another call from BBC Hereford and Worcester. We are now hosting a coffee morning to raise funds for the Noah's Ark Trust. TOMORROW. A radio car and reporter are being sent at 1030. I pointed out that we may not be very busy (given that we don't open til 11) and have spent the rest of the day urging friends to turn up.
I met a new dilemma this afternoon. What does one do when a man ordering coffee bends slightly to look at the cakes in the display cabinet and ...well...breaks wind? I chose to ignore it, as did he, but I must look up whether there is any protocol to observe in such cases.

2 comments:

  1. I think you should say "cor, that's a ripe 'un"

    ReplyDelete
  2. whilst rapidly wafting your hands back and forth.

    ReplyDelete