Tuesday 20 April 2010

The Two Show

We made the evening paper. Page 16 of the Worcester News: Adrian's visit. It was all linked to his departure to ITV from the BBC but neverthless The Garden Tea Rooms got a mention and there was a lovely photo of the children and their art.
There were just two of us working today and despite a lunchtime rush Nancie and I coped. We were thrown a customer curve ball - lots of coffee orders then suddenly nothing but tea, tea, tea which meant a whole jug of filter coffee was tipped away. The roasted veg and mozarella quiche proved the most popular. Customer of the day asked me if I was Anna (I've labelled the fruit cake: Anna's Fruit Cake). No? Then was I Nancie? (Nancie's Cream of Tomato Soup) No? The question, "then who the heck are you?" was obvious in his expression.
I'm unwilling to put "Gill's Lemon Drizzle" on a display card. I wonder why that is.
Tomorrow I should get that call from the George Formby Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment