Monday 26 April 2010

Salad Daze

Another first - the first coach party in for lunch. Forty six folks from the Childswickham Evergreens.
They were due at 1215.
They arrived at 1045. Cue panic as the Evergreens ordered 5 cappuccinos at a time, and three members of the coffee making team hadn't yet arrived (nb arrival time).
One lady ordered two espressos for herself and a friend. I have to say I was pretty impressed. She didn't look like someone who'd down a shot of caffeine in a gulp. When I delivered the doll-size cups to her table she looked astonished. "I didn't realise it would be so small" she said. I asked if she'd prefer a filter? Yes, she would.
They all went off to see the church and the grounds and then trickled in for lunch. Of the forty six (plus driver) Freda and George made 32 ham-salads-served-with-new-potatoes in rapid succession.
Thankfully both Freda and George drink espresso.

No comments:

Post a Comment