Monday 12 April 2010

A little knowledge

I now realise I need to know more. Not about cake, or scones, or what a double shot mocha is, but the answers to questions posed by customers. Today one admired the photograph of Witley Court which hangs over the fireplace: "what year was that taken?". Erm. Another asked me how I'd managed to get the little orange tree in the conservatory to fruit? Erm. Another asked how many people would be coming to see Adrian Chiles when he visits on Saturday? Now that is the BIG question. How many? And how much will they eat and drink, and how many staff will I need to serve them? And how much bread and milk should I order? Erm.
Customer of the day was the woman who didn't like mushrooms but who ordered the leek, mushroom and gruyere quiche and loved it. That's my girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment