Thursday 9 June 2011

Be happy.

In just over two weeks we'll be catering our first big wedding - 110 people in a marquee in our garden. It's for this that I've been buying all that china, all those cake stands, all those cups and saucers and teapots.
This morning, many months after first suggesting a range of High Tea sandwiches, mini quiche, mini toad-in-the-hole, scones and cakes, I held a taster session for the bride and groom and bride's mum and dad. If the wedding itself goes as well as this morning did then I'll have no need to worry.
However I reckon I'll start losing sleep about now.
I'll start waking up with questions and concerns in the middle of the night.
I'll write lists of things I must remember to order.
I'll worry that the list is not complete.
I'll wonder whatever possessed me to agree to take on someone's biggest day.
Such is my lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment