Friday 24 June 2011

Even more in tents

The marquee is up. And decorated.
The bows on the chairs look gorgeous. No, I didn't do any of them. There's ivy wound round the poles with gerberas, lavender and hydrangeas mixed in, there are flowers in jam jars on the tables and flowers in wellies at the entrance. It's been quite a stressful day but I had to laugh when the florist handed me a bunch of chrysanths and some lavender: "if any of them look ropey in the morning can you just stick some of these in" he said, jumped into his van and was gone. Now I can do lots of things but I just can't do flowers. I just don't have... whatever it is. Even a beautiful tied bouquet that just has to be dropped in a vase goes awry if I'm the one doing the dropping.
So tomorrow morning I have to ensure that the cutlery is polished, the tables are set, the drinks are cooled, the jobs are divvied up, the cakes and sandwiches are made and cut, the tiered stands are in place, the quiche is warmed, the scones are made, the cream is whipped and 110 people enjoy the best High Tea we can give them.
Once I've sorted the flowers out obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment