Wednesday 22 June 2011

Jones? Brown? the Tank Engine?

This morning we set out on the ten minute walk to school in lovely sunshine. Half way there it started to rain. By the time we arrived it was dry again.
Ah, one of those days, I thought.
Today was marvellous. Lovely people making lovely comments. The conservatory grew warmer and warmer until it forced the mid afternoon crowd outside. By end of play it was glorious and I allowed myself the hope that the wedding at the weekend will enjoy some sunshine.
A group of four ladies had lunch inside, then went up to see the church and "have a sing", then returned for a proper afternoon tea in the garden. The man who's writing his book brought his laptop, went to the far end of the garden and asked if we'd mind bringing him a latte. We didn't. Mind, that is.
The only downer of the day came when I was bringing the wooden tables and chairs in from outside. At the beginning of the season I bought two sets of beautiful wooden outdoor furniture. Every night we carefully bring them inside to protect them. Every morning we lovingly carry them outside and they are generally the favoured seats.
As I carried them in this evening I noticed the name TOM carved into one table top.
Thanks, Tom.

No comments:

Post a Comment