Sunday 5 June 2011

Un oeuf is enough

It's been a very good few days since the sun returned. Lovely and busy.
Today I woke to rain and expected the worst. Thankfully proved wrong.
People with umbrellas came. They filled the conservatory and the main room and ate jacket potatoes and ham and cheddar panini (see, lesson learnt). Then a coach party of Nottingham Mechanics arrived for tea and cake (they favoured millionaire's shortbread). They were not mechanics. They were a bunch of ladies and gents who formed a group originally one of the many Mechanics Institutes which apparently flourished in the 19th Century.
This morning I rang our local egg farmer to ask for two trays. He brought them straight away including an enormous egg especially for me. I hadn't seen an obviously double-yolk egg for years. Turns out that's because he's not allowed to sell them.

1 comment:

  1. I bet you were very eggcited about that, these eggs are not all they are cracked-up to be these days. How much did you have to shell out for them ? Did they turn out all-white ? and was there a mad scramble for them ? I enjoyed a delicious quiche-of-the-day, and when asked how it was, I mearly referred to the emptiness of the plate as the answer to that one.

    ReplyDelete