Tuesday 6 April 2010

The answer, my friend.

I was at the cash and carry at 0730. Naomi met me in the car park with her legal stash of choc cake, vicki sponge and quiche which she'd made last night after another of my desperate calls.
Busier than expected today. A Bank Holiday, I'm informed, often has an extra day's busy-ness. Same source says it'll quieten for the rest of the week and then peak again at the weekend. I'll know by Sunday whether my source is reliable.
Many came to us for shelter from the wind this afternoon. They wanted tea and warmth after being blown about while watching the Witley Court fountain, now being fired every hour. And you can time the next wave of customers to the tea rooms. The fountain stops. They come. And they love chocolate cake.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you fire a cannon rather than a fountain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, what do you do to a fountain? It's likely to come up again so I need to know.

    ReplyDelete