Wednesday 14 April 2010

Badge of Honour

There've been too many contenders for customer of Wednesday. The first couple through the door this morning called me over to compliment me on the chalk board. I thought they meant on how clear it was. No, he was a man after my own heart who liked the fact that there were no incorrect spellings, no rogue apostrophes and that even the accents were in the right place. Tick.
Then there were newlyweds, Neil and Dianne. They'd married at Ludlow Castle at 10am then driven their party all the way to us for coffee, cake and scones, before returning to Ludlow for their meal. They did this because they LOVE the tearooms. Tick. Star.
But the prize has to go to two boys who came in this morning. I'd never met anyone who'd won a Blue Peter badge before. This morning, in my tearooms, there were two. One won for making a fish out of smarties leftover from a maths project and the second for making a tank out of cardboard boxes. Tick. Excellent work.

4 comments: