Wednesday 7 April 2010

Taking credit.

So we finally have the debit/credit card machine installed. We tried it out yesterday afternoon when a lady had to come behind the counter and into the kitchen to use it as we didn't have an extension cable. Today it sat proudly next to the till. And refused to work.
It declined one woman's card, and when she tried another it declined that too. She paid in cash eventually and I wondered why I ever thought it was a good idea.
It behaved itself later. So we now have TWO whole completed transactions.
In another major change, fruit scones are now much more popular than plain ones. Freda is thrilled as she's been lobbying to include them on the menu for years.

4 comments:

  1. Fruit scones every time for me. I'm feeling hungry just reading about them. Mind you I'm generally hungry all the time! Best wishes and can't wait to make a visit. Simmo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree about fruit in scones, but there has to be a plain option for fussy children who pick out all the raisins.
    What about cheese scones too???
    love Nicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love cheese scones. But if fruit scones are a poor relation, what does that make cheesy ones?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do cheese scones. They're popular on occasions. Today for example a family of 5 had one each. Any other type of scone suggestions?

    ReplyDelete