Thursday 15 April 2010

Turning the tables

This morning I was late. There were 3 people waiting for me to open up. Freda (who was on scones and lunches) and Adrian and Geoff in wellies waiting to sort out the septic tank. Nice. So the early arrivals (and there were lots of them) had their coffee with the scent of something unpleasant in the air, until the scones came out of the oven. Just before midday Anita arrived from BBC Hereford and Worcester to interview me ahead of the BIG event on Saturday. She recorded the sound of the coffee machine as I made her a latte and then asked me a few questions. It felt very odd having a microphone thrust at me.
The forecast for Saturday is good. I'm thinking of simplifying the menu down to sandwiches to avoid delays. I'm waking in the middle of the night worrying about noone turning up, or hundreds turning up. Thank goodness the card machine now appears to be functioning.
Customer of the day ordered 7 hot chocolates and a mocha which meant I had to send Diana to the village Post Office for more milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment