Saturday 17 April 2010

Birds don't come easy.

Thank goodness that's over. The sun shone. Adrian turned up. No dog bowls were harmed. A good day, but I'm looking forward to an even better night's sleep. Nancie's face was a picture when Adrian stood in line for a cuppa. She'd put on her stay-kissable lipstick especially and said she'd dine out on the fact that she'd met him. I'd overstaffed which meant it didn't feel pressured. Three members of staff left work tonight to go on to Shrawley Village Hall for an Owl extravanganza.
We held a raffle in aid of Acorns Children's Hospice and raised £155. First prize, a Michaelmas Goose from the Goodmans (the very best, ask Jamie Oliver) to be collected in September. The couple who won it came from Buckinghamshire and said they were going to make the trip back in the Autumn to collect it. I didn't serve many customers as I was sitting guiltily in the sunshine with family and friends for most of the day. I now have a visitors book. Only one entry so far, Adrian's, but perhaps I'll mention the best of the entries over coming weeks.

1 comment: