Friday 9 April 2010

Fast food, slow coffee.

Another first today. The first coach party. On Wednesday a man who takes groups on mystery tours rang to alert us that he'd be bringing 25 people at about 11.30 today. They were plant lovers. I know this because they bought a lot of plants.
I overheard one woman - "this new fangled coffee takes a long time to make. It wasn't like that in the old days". I didn't know that real people really do really say: "it wasn't like that in the old days". Sue's first day making the lunches was a triumph.

3 comments:

  1. My problem with coach parties (as a student working in a motorway service area caff) was that whatever the first in the queue chose, the next would say "Oooh that's a good idea, I'll have that too" and you'd suddenly move from a manageable one poached egg on toast, to an impossible 30-odd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, but this new fangled coffee tastes so much better than the olden days. I bet the plants were bigger and better then too and the sun always shone. Was she wearing glasses? - rose tinted ones? Gill don't ever stop, I look forward to reading your blog and as always you make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have worried me now, Bill. I have quite a few coach parties booked in. And 25 is the smallest number coming.

    ReplyDelete