Tuesday 27 April 2010

Highlights

Today was a proper day off. I dropped off the bread, turned on the coffee machines and left Sue, Mary and Jennifer to it. I went to have my hair "done". BBC Radio Shropshire rang. They were doing a feature on things to do on Bank Holiday weekend and a listener had suggested Witley Court. Would I talk to them on air about it? I sat outside Staples in my car (I needed more order sheets. I do not get my hair done at Staples) and waffled on at length about the glory of the gardens and the fountain and the scones. Unfortunately I may also have said something about keeping out the riff-raff which apparently didn't sound ironic.
At the weekend I'm now expecting either a] lots of angry Shropshire folk who think I've insulted them to descend on the tea rooms wielding banners or b] that no Shropshire folk ever cross the threshold again.
Last week a man on holiday told me our coffee was the best in Shropshire. I gently pointed out that we're in Worcestershire.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think a proper day off should include a visit to Staples

    ReplyDelete
  2. I confess I also had to pick up peppers and gem lettuce for tomorrow, so you're quite right, and I shall claim for my time accordingly.

    ReplyDelete