Wednesday 30 June 2010

Crock

A woman asked today if the elderflower pressé was carbonated. She had apple juice instead because her doctor had advised her that fizzy drinks may damage her bladder lining. Her husband had a diet coke. I raised an eyebrow. "My bladder's fine" he said.
The local raspberries and strawberries served with local cream (am I getting obsessed?) are going well, so I'm now detouring to a second farm every other morning. It's a pity we can't make soup out of fruit.
"This must be a little gold mine," a man said today. It wasn't a question. So I didn't answer it.

3 comments:

  1. If the hunt for soup is still on, what about this cucumber and lettuce vichysoisse from Hugh F-W in the Guardian ?

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/jun/26/chilled-soup-recipes-fearnley-whittingstall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely. And simple. We have a local cucumber supplier! And my dad grows lettuce...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can make fruit soup! Ask Colin Hancock for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete