Wednesday 23 June 2010

Sweet sixteen

A new 16 year old recruit came to see how we do things today. Becky and I showed her the ropes and during a busy lunchtime she mucked in and impressed us. Becky usually takes a piece of fruit cake home with her but today she chose carrot cake. I told her if England were to win she'd have to eat carrot cake every time they play.
At 3pm there were four ladies having tea in the garden. And noone else came for the rest of the day. That's the power of the World Cup. Freda and I listened to the radio commentary. Freda asked me if any changes had been made to the side and high-fived a large serving spoon I was handing her when the goal was scored. We had a scone and a cup of tea to celebrate the win, cleared up, swept and mopped and were out of there in record time.
Must remember to keep a slice of carrot cake for Becky and the last 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment