Sunday 13 June 2010

Kebab anyone?

I haven't been at the tea rooms today. After two nights in a pod with my family and the puppy I had a day off, went out for a pub roast lunch, and told my husband the following story:
On Thursday evening, I had a domestic Sainsburys delivery. If something you've ordered isn't in stock the person collecting your items makes a best guess at a replacement which you can then accept or reject. I had ordered (forgive me, but it's crucial that I tell it how it is) a pack of panty liners. Which they didn't have. And so the delivery note read:
YOU ORDERED: Always liners normal x 60
WE DELIVERED: Sainsburys bamboo skewers 100 pack.
I have been searching my brain for an explanation.

4 comments:

  1. ha ha that's priceless. passing that on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving that! (And the glimpse of your sublime tea rooms)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your panty liner story was told on The Now Show today on Radio 4.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trading as WDR pointed me to this.
    It's hilarious.
    www.blackwatertown.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete