Wednesday 12 May 2010

Ciao

Bright but cold today and everyone wanted warmth. It was a hot chocolate and soup and teacakes day (I'm testing out buttering before delivery to table. So far so good.)
An elderly Italian brother and sister ordered 2 cappuccinos (I assume all Italians are coffee connoisseurs so was pretty daunted) and a man asked me gruffly why I hadn't told him that he was supposed to come to the counter to order.
Tomorrow a Herefordshire Probus group (49 strong) is coming for a lunch they've pre-ordered. 32 ham-salads-new- potatoes-and-asparagus , 10 lasagne, 7 cheddar ploughmans. We have enough plates. Just. But if anyone else turns up they'll have to have their sandwiches on a saucer. Or in a bowl.
Freda told me that she hasn't had a chance to look at my "blob" yet.

4 comments:

  1. I've always imagined you as a 64-plate operation. How many chairs have you got ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erm. Inside: 30 in main room, 27 in the conservatory. I think (just did a rough tot up in my head. There won't be much room to sit today for those not in the coach party. If it's warm enough there are lots of tables outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget to put on pictures of the bunting & tablecloths!

    ReplyDelete
  4. tell the photographer!(George - also in charge of captions)

    ReplyDelete