Saturday 1 May 2010

On a plate

"We heard your advert on the BBC" they said. They were Shropshire folk, from Telford, and they didn't tune in til after the riff-raff comment. Phew. We were promised rain and not much fell (it's coming down now) so there were plenty of people sitting outside. I spent most of the afternoon with my hands in a washing up bowl which, strangely, made a pleasant change.
Special mention on May Day to the young Hungarian woman who wore a garland of dandelions in her hair. She had a scone and peppermint tea.
Two more coach parties booked in today for later in the year.
Tomorrow morning we're expecting a coachload from Ashby de la Zouche and in the afternoon we have to give tea and cake to a young choir and fifty others. One of the choir can't eat dairy produce. At this stage all I have to offer him is jelly.

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog by chance and love it already. I have always wanted to run a tea shop. In just a few minutes, you have become a complete inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'm downing large glasses of wine when I get home. Don't be inspired by that.

    ReplyDelete