Monday 3 May 2010

A date for the dairy.

Today was mad. Morning coffee ran into lunch merged with afternoon tea. I can barely believe it. We ran out of milk AGAIN. The woman in the garage couldn't believe it either. Forty pints were in the fridge this morning. All gone by 3.30 as the Bank Holiday crowds descended. I am whacked. Mary called in sick so Nancie drove to my aid and there were just two of us there when they started to come. And when the rest of the staff arrived at 12 there were trays lined up, orders to complete, mochas to make and tables to clear. No let up til 4, when we could finally breathe. My 10 year old son arrived back from cub camp in the midst of the mayhem. He was wearing every item of clothing he'd taken, except his pyjamas. I presume to save him having to fold and pack. Genius. He was very round, and very red in the face.
I really must get to grips with these Bank Holiday Mondays. There's another one in 4 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment