Tuesday 25 May 2010

The Spice of Life

Today was fab. A little cooler so easier to manage. Lovely people who laughed and ate scones. Customers of the day were three brothers who brought their 84 year old aunt back to the village where she grew up. They ordered cake. "Victoria sponge, please" said one; "fruit cake" said the next; "carrot," said the third, "what variety?". I panicked. What variety of carrot was in the cake? I had no idea. I couldn't even guess. I didn't know any carrot varieties. Then it dawned on me that what he'd actually said was "What a variety!". They laughed when I told them. Said I should answer "tinned" if anyone really does ask.
Nancie came in this morning with a swollen eye. She asked if I had any "calamine tea". No honestly, I heard her correctly. Henceforth on this blob chamomile will be known as calamine.

2 comments:

  1. Did Nancie drink the chamomile tea, or....?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She bathed her eye with it. Said it helped. She's been to the doc today who says it's a bite...You're up to date.

    ReplyDelete