Thursday 13 May 2010

Extremes

I am now an expert on coach parties. I have had three through the door and I can safely say, as one now versed in the art of catering for them, they are all different. Today's was lovely, and a lesson in how they all should be. Months ago, when still a radio producer, I was contacted by Mr Mills of the Golden Valley Probus Club, asking if I could suggest lunch for 35-40 people. I made up a menu - just stuff I liked really (so no teacakes, obviously) and kept my fingers firmly crossed. Last week they confirmed numbers (49) and food orders, and yesterday reconfirmed with some minor changes. It went like a dream. The right food to the right people at the right time by the right number of staff. Lunch AND afternoon tea.
This morning George's godfather rang to say that he's on a coach trip next week from Kent and is looking forward to seeing the tea rooms, as the itinerary says they're lunching with us on Thursday. A coach trip of 48 people about which I know nothing.
Think I'll need more than crossed fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment